Injuries due to sliding, falling and tripping within the home are more common than you think. Whether you are an owner of laminate, tile, or hardwood flooring, area rugs on these slippery surfaces can be the cause of a spill before anyone can say “FREEZE!” But have no fear, here at rugpad.com we have all the answers for helping to protect your home and making it a safer place to live with our rug gripper pads.
Life Without The Rug Gripper Pad
The rug pad acts as an extended buffer between the rug and your floor, and with advanced grip technology, the rug gripper pad has the ability to provide a non-slip layer to the floor to help prevent movement of your rug.
Without a non-slip rug gripper, the area rug will move across your floors freely without any grip. All of our rug pads have a preferred side to be placed down onto your flooring to provide gripping technology. Be sure to place the rubber, and/or PVC grip side down.
One of the pesky problems of having a rug without a rug gripper pad is the bunching and shifting that can occur, specifically in high traffic areas (generally caused by pets running through your living space or children playing).
A simple solution can look like the Super Grip Natural rug gripper pad to help with any bunching. If you decide to add a design element to your carpeted master bedroom, bunching and shifting is a common side effect. When seeking to stop bunching on carpeted surfaces, the Rug On Carpet Rug Gripper Pad is the perfect solution!
Rug gripper pads additionally help to prevent any tripping that goes on within the home. As previously stated, as acting as a buffer between the rug and the floor, the rug gripper pad will provide additional traction and can help to stop a tripping hazard in your home. Listed below are the rug gripping pads that are available on our website and what works best for each type of flooring.
- Ultra Natural: This premium non-slip rug pad is ideal for use over hard-surface floors. Will help to protect your rug and floors with the Ultra Natural rug pad. Ultra Natural is an open weave, low profile designed to allow maximum air flow while helping to keep the area rug in place. Made with natural rubber.
- Super Grip Natural: This high quality cushioned non-slip rug pad is ideal for use over hard-surface floors. Features superior grip strength to help keep rugs from sliding and slipping. Help protect your rug and your floors with a Super Grip Natural rug pad. Provides medium cushion. Made with natural rubber.
- Rug Grip Natural: This high quality non-slip rug pad is ideal for use over hard-surface floors. Features superior grip strength to help keep rugs from sliding and slipping on hard surfaces. Help protect your rug and your floors with the Rug Grip Natural rug pad. Rug Grip is a tighter open weave low profile that allows for air flow while still providing good surface area contact coverage. Made with natural rubber.
- Ultra: Ultra is the most affordable solution for keeping area rugs in place on hard surface floors. You won’t even feel it under your feet as you walk across your area rug and finally open and close doors without having to worry about dangerous and frustrating bunching or sliding anymore. Perfectly low profile, it’s designed to secure thicker area rugs that don’t need extra cushion. Made with PVC.
- Rug Grip: Rug Grip is the most popular solution for keeping area rugs in place on hard surface floors without breaking the bank. You won’t even feel it under your feet as you walk across your area rug and finally open and close doors without having to worry about dangerous and frustrating bunching or sliding anymore. Made with PVC.
- Super Grip: A great option for your high traffic areas on hard surface floors, the Super Grip rug pad is the perfect non-slip choice. Made from woven polyester scrim and high grade vinyl, the Super Grip has an open weave construction for optimal airflow which will allow for easier vacuuming.
- Outdoor: Outdoor is the best solution for keeping area rugs in place on outdoor hard-surface environments. Fast and easy to install, every step is softer with Outdoor. Specially formulated for the outdoor environment.
- Premium Low Profile: Premium Low Profile is a premium “dual purpose” rug pad. Offering floor defense under any type of area rug on both carpeted as well as hard-surface floors. Backed with a natural/synthetic rubber blend designed for maximum gripping power, Premium Low Profile is perfect for keeping thicker area rugs in place with a low profile that instantly solves door threshold issues. Made with premium felt/rubber and solid surface area coverage.
- Premium Deluxe Cushioned: Premium Deluxe Cushioned is a premium cushioned “dual purpose” rug pad. Offering floor defense under any type of area rug on both carpeted as well as hard-surface floors, Premium Deluxe Cushioned is CRI Green Certified and backed with a natural/synthetic rubber blend designed for maximum gripping power.
- Rug on Carpet: Rug on Carpet is perfectly designed to help combat carpet shift and keep any type of area rug in place over carpeted floors with a low profile that instantly solves door threshold issues. Double coated with a water-based, non-transferable, pressure sensitive adhesive.
Slipping & Sliding
Along with bunching and tripping, without a rug gripper pad many times one can find themselves slipping and sliding atop their rug. The additional traction that comes from the advanced grip technology of our rug gripper pads will help to prevent the slipping and sliding and help to make your home even safer. All of our rug gripper pads are backed with maximum gripping power and vary in thickness to offer a variety of options based on your threshold needs.
On our website we offer a few pads with dual purpose, where the pad grips on hard and carpeted surfaces. The Premium Low Profile, as well as the Premium Deluxe Cushion are both options for this purpose and can help to provide gripping purposes throughout your house wherever and whenever you need.
How Do I Install My Rug Gripper Pad?
All of our rug gripper pads are ready to use right out of the box. If necessary, the rug gripper pad can be easily trimmed to fit custom sized area rugs with a sharp pair of kitchen scissors. Simply roll your pad out onto your floor and lay your rug on top. Be sure to know your floor finish type is paired correctly with the type of rug pad you are installing.
Regardless of flooring type, please check your flooring manufacturer’s recommendation for which types of rug pads are compatible.
Our phone lines are open: (615) 712-8774 - We are happy to help and answer any of your questions in order to guide you to the best rug pad for your floors.
Additionally, all products by Rugpads.com are proudly manufactured in the United States of America. We guarantee that our products will remain functional and stable for a full 10-year period with proper use and cleaning maintenance. Our shipping rates and wait times are among the most competitive in the entire market.